BeNet – What?
The 7th edition of the Belgian Network Research Meeting (BeNet) will be held in Ghent, at the language school wzw Roeland, Kijgslaan 18, on December 6th, 2017.
This annual meeting is a place for the Belgium-based researchers interested in the network paradigm to meet and communicate their results, regardless of the discipline: biology, communication, economics, geography, history, informatics, mathematics, medicine, physics, sociology, statistics, etc.
Previous editions were held in Louvain-La-Neuve (UCL 2016), Namur (UNamur 2015), Brussels (ULB 2014), Leuven (IIS/KUL 2013), Antwerpen (UA 2012) and Brussels (VUB 2011). See here for respective websites.
The scope of the meeting includes but is not restricted to:
- Social & organizational theory
- Economics & Finance
- Social media & On-line activities
- Human communication & mobility
- Information diffusion & opinion dynamics
- Political networks & collective action
- Ecology, Ethology, food webs
- Biology & Bioinformatics
- Physics, Mathematics & Statistics
- Modelling & Data Analysis
- Geography & Urban Dynamics
Yamir Moreno, Institute for Biocomputation and Physics of Complex Systems (BIFI), Vice-president of the Network Science Society, Elected President of the Complex Systems Society.
Where and when?
BeNet 2017 will take place in the vzw Roeland, Krijgslaan 18, 10 minutes walk from Sint-Pieters station, on the 6th of December (see here).
- Abstract Deadline: Sun, Nov 26, 2017
- Registration Deadline: Fri, Dec 1, 2017
- Notification of acceptance: Thu, Nov 30, 2017
See here for a more complete information on how to apply and register for this event.
- Julie Birkholz (UGent)
- Matteo Gagliolo (ULB)
- Yerali Gandica (UNamur)
- Jelena Grujic (VUB)
- Daniele Marinazzo (UGent)
To receive further information about this meeting and the growing group of Belgium-based researchers working on networks, please subscribe to this mailing list created and administered by Matteo Gagliolo.